The Cornwall Independent Poverty Forum is a registered charity, number 1183177.
Cornwall Independent Poverty Forum was set up to:
- Help and support those suffering who are most disadvantaged.
- Raise awareness of poverty issues, particularly issues of housing and homelessness, health and benefits, with the wider community, and with the voluntary and community sector organisations and statutory organisations, which provide services to those in most need.
- Lobby statutory organisations and politicians, to make positive changes to policies and strategies, that impact on those suffering poverty.
Our Mission is to involve people with direct experience of poverty in the development of partnerships between local, county, and national organisations, working towards the reduction and eradication of poverty. We work to enable individuals suffering poverty to regain control of their lives and to take their rightful place in society, utilising their talents for the benefit of their communities and ending their social exclusion.
- Ensuring people experiencing poverty and social exclusion are involved in the Poverty Forum’s work.
- Developing strategies to ensure that combating poverty remains high on political agendas.
- Listening, to learn the problems of poverty, ill health, social exclusion and bureaucratic systems.
- Befriending and offering constructive support to those individuals suffering poverty.
- Working in partnership with organisations with similar objectives.
- Provide project development support to relevant voluntary and community sector organisations.
- Establishing projects that address the need of those suffering poverty and severe disadvantage.
- Raising awareness of poverty issues, through Poverty Forum Meetings, Poverty Forum Hearings and through meetings with M.P.’s and other key organisations.
When We Meet
We meet once a month on the first Tuesday of the month; currently this is via Zoom. Email Andrew Yates if you would like to join a meeting email@example.com
Membership is free and everyone is welcome to join.