The Cornwall Independent Poverty Forum is a registered charity, number 1183177.
Cornwall Independent Poverty Forum was set up to:
- Help and support those suffering who are most disadvantaged.
- Raise awareness of poverty issues, particularly issues of housing and homelessness, health and benefits, with the wider community, and with the voluntary and community sector organisations and statutory organisations, which provide services to those in most need.
- Lobby statutory organisations and politicians, to make positive changes to policies and strategies, that impact on those suffering poverty.
Our Mission is to involve people with direct experience of poverty in the development of partnerships between local, county, and national organisations, working towards the reduction and eradication of poverty. We work to enable individuals suffering poverty to regain control of their lives and to take their rightful place in society, utilising their talents for the benefit of their communities and ending their social exclusion.
- Ensuring people experiencing poverty and social exclusion are involved in the Poverty Forum’s work.
- Developing strategies to ensure that combating poverty remains high on political agendas.
- Listening, to learn the problems of poverty, ill health, social exclusion and bureaucratic systems.
- Befriending and offering constructive support to those individuals suffering poverty.
- Working in partnership with organisations with similar objectives.
- Provide project development support to relevant voluntary and community sector organisations.
- Establishing projects that address the need of those suffering poverty and severe disadvantage.
- Raising awareness of poverty issues, through Poverty Forum Meetings, Homeless Network Meetings, Food Issues Meetings and Poverty Forum Hearings and through meetings with M.P.’s and other key organisations.
- Produce Reports to raise awareness of a range of poverty issues
When We Meet
We meet once a month on the first Tuesday of the month; usually via Zoom, but with in-person meetings three times a year.
For 2023, these are our upcoming dates:
- April 4th 2pm All Saints Centre Tuckingmill Camborne TR14 8RQ
- May 2nd 2pm Zoom
- June 6th 2pm Zoom
- July 4th 2pm In person Offers to host to Andrewy@cornwallindependentpovertyforum.com
- August 1ST 2pm Zoom
- September 5th 2pm Zoom
- October 3rd 2pm Zoom
- November 7th 2pm In person Offers to host to Andrewy@cornwallindependentpovertyforum.com
- December 5th 2pm Zoom
Email Andrew Yates if you would like to join a meeting Andrewy@cornwallindependentpovertyforum.com
Membership is free and everyone is welcome to join.